Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Value of Friendship

The Home of the Week!









Getting ready for our ride on the beach at sunset!




Eternal Friends (all with white/grey hair too)







Elaine resting (like totally out cold!)





Sunrise on the deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ellen Enjoys the Deck











Mondays Events: NOTHING! PJ's all day!







It is with great pleasure I announce to all of you that I have awesome friends. I have been so blessed in my life to have been given friends who I knew in the pre-existance. Time will pass without talking to them, and when we meet, we pick right up and begin our conversations as if time hasn't passed. I turely believe them to be my sisters.


Check out that picture. Often we go somewhere and someone will ask if we are sisters. On this trip we went to a Antique Store. The owner watched us for a few minutes and then asked the usual queston, "are you sisters?" I love that thought. If there were ever friends that I want to emulate, it is these two plus Aunt Annie. Love has no bounds and these people bring out the best in me and give me all the love and support a person could ask for.


Events of this week: Ellen called asked if we could go to Ray's home in Bear Lake? What a question. I was packed and out of there in no time at all. We made it on Sunday evening about 7 PM, just in time to see the full moon come up over the mountain. It was clear, the lake was smooth, and the air was clean and warm. What a beautiful evening to be there. The three of us just watched as the moon made it's way overhead. Monday was a day of PJ's. Yes, PJ's. We stayed in our lounge pants all day. I did go for a long walk on the beach first thing in the morning while Ellen slept and Elaine read, and I was covered with sand and mud and had to put the clothes in the washer, so I "had" to put on the PJ's, the other two were just relaxed. We got hungry later that afternoon and actually went to the drive inn in our sweatshirts and pj bottoms. The young man who waited on us actually made a comment about our attire, but we were sure enjoying the afternoon and watched the younger people dressed just like us so we felt right at home. Tuesday, we drove over to Star Valley and had lunch with Maxine McDonough. We took one of the back roads back and stopped to pick some of the most beautiful chokecherries for Ellen. She got about 3 gallons of juice from them she states. Totally enjoyed the afternoon. We took the kobato out that evening and went for a long ride on the beach exploring and watching the fall moon make it way up over the mountains. The air is crisp and fall is certainly on it way. Wednesday we went back to Paris Idaho, bought Lottery tickets (didn't win by the way) and visited an antique store. Ellen found a book with information about her ancestors and I found a pair of leather boots for Chelsea for the rondavu next year. On the way back, Elaine just took a road up the mountains and we did a little exploring. Just like us to just take off without a map and no particular destination. Totally awesome afternoon. Thursday, packed up and headed home. I sent a card to Ray and Shelley that stated the summary of our trip: Thank you for Eternal Memories. That says it all.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck you had a good time!! I enjoyed reading about the events that unfolded at bear lake. Good on ya to have a good time with some good friends. We should all do that a little more often I think. Thanks for the detailed description; I could feel the crisp fall air and I loved it. Better luck with the next money making ticket!!

Amanda said...

Mom, you are so amazing! Thanks for helping Jake and I! I loved your advise about enjoying life NOW not later. You never know what life has in store for you!
Love you!