Sunday, August 3, 2008

Senior Citizen

Well, I am officially a senior citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh for the excitement. I told the kids that this was going to be my special birthday and I really wanted a party and to celebrate. In this life you have ages that are so important. One is the first birthday, 8 we get baptized, 12 if you are male you get the Priesthood, or go into MIA, 16 you can date or drive or both, 18 you can vote, leave school and not ask for permission from you parents or be called an adult, 21 drink or whatever legally, 50 is over the hill and then there is 62. Welcome to senior citizen world, Now you get the discounts at movies, meals at a lesser price, some parking lots have senior parking, senior discounts as Kohls, Ross Dress for less, Shopko etc. How great is that.
When I was so ill, I turned 60. At that time I secretly really didn't want to make it to 61. The struggle was to hard. However, I set a goal that Christmas to make it to 62 so that I could say I can retire, and get my Social Security. It was to me a long term goal. I know that to some of you that was only a year and a half, but at that time it seemed to be an eternity. Well, I made it in both areas now. I did retire a little before the deadline, I did get Social Security thanks to Larry's death a little early, and now I am legally a senior citizen.
Did you ever think that after that great moment, there is only one step left in life as far as birthday's and that is to get the "dash". What is the dash. That is the "-" between born and died. That is the next great event as far as age goes. 1946-?....................So when I hit that next step, please have a birthday cake, or cookies to celebrate that I made the next big step.
Thanks to all who made this special day so special for me. I am so blessed to have such great people in my life. A special thanks to my awesome niece/sister Syndea for her beautiful notes on her blog. I think that would be great for anyone to hear in their life, but is was very special for me. Thanks to Munch and Jake for updating my blog spot. Ain't it nice. No more hick ville for me. I am big time blogger site now. A special thanks to Raelyn and ValJay for including me on the Rigby family Bear Lake outing. That is one special family the Rigby's and Helen and Jay are great examples of relationship building for everyone. They have a very special family and I am honored they welcomed me to their party.

No comments: