Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday July 27


Do any of you remember the song "Through the Years", Through the years when everything went wrong, together we were strong, I've never had a doubt we'd work things out, through the years? Well, as I listened to that song I realized how true those words are with family and good friends. There have been times, years in fact, when knowing if we would be together was a scary time for me. Fear can make life so difficult to see the good, and fear can make it tough to look forward to a future. Funny how simple songs or thoughts can bring up some of the strong emotions of life.
I Believe is a song that I sang when I was probably 12 years old in North Logan Choir. Now it has been years since that thought has even come to mind, but hearing that song today reminded me how much I do believe. I believe in family, GOD, and that all men have a good human side, it sometimes is masked by "here again is that word FEAR. I believe that there is a reason for us being here at this time of the earth. That point was brought to mind when I think of the pioneers and what they went through. How hard would that have been for me to have as a challenge. There is no way that my body with the tests of endurance it has had to date would have ever been able to make the first camp on the trek west. The cold, the hardships, the physical work of taking care of the family and home, there is no way. So my test I think was to make it though loneliness, fear of losing my children for all eternity as well as here on earth, being self sufficient, finding a testimony from a family that was not active, and enduring the physical challenges given me and to want to continue on and fight for a new day sometimes, to allowing others to help me.
It has been hard this summer to be able to say, I can't mow the lawn, I need help. I have the time, but the body will not do the work. Now that seems like a small thing to do, but it has been a real struggle to allow Rob and Kelly to help me. Allowing people to serve us in tough times is harder than it seems. It also gives you a insite why others struggle to allow you to see that they need help or that times arehard and why others are uncomfortable when we offer to help and makes me aware of how important it is to listen to the spirit. The spirit will tell us about those who need our call, a lunch, a load of laundry done, a garbage can taken in or just a note in the mail. It is so often that I will think of someone out of the blue, and think I am too busy right that minute, I will do it later, and later never comes. Hope I get my act together to make sure I follow up when the prompting moves me.
SO, moral of this week, is remember those around us and those who bless our lives. That Through the Years, they are the hands of our Father in Heaven helping us get through life, giving us the touch" of heaven in a hard worldly life.

No comments: