Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 15 through 20th Week in review

My first impression to write here is how much I love my family. Got the pics back from Ryan Thompson the photographer and looked at the physical proof of my blessings and was overwhelmed. What a family. We are quite a group. I love the structured family pose, but there is one with the kids sitting in a tree, hanging out on the branches and we look complete. It was hard to choose the ones I wanted, but I took Marci's advise and printed up all the pics at Sam's club and looked at them one at a time. I marked which ones that needed to be adjusted or moved up or down and I will have Ryan touch up a couple that the water sprays were in the background.
I am taking advantage of a few free hours each day now to work on cleaning up stuff that has accumulated for 13 years. Drawers like my tool drawer that you could hardly open or shut, the toy room with legos in the blocks and play dishes in the legos and upstairs and down stairs and everywhere. I bought a couple of bins to put the items in to organize it a little.
It was my teaching week so that takes most of my time to study and review. Previous note lets you knkow how awesome this experience is.
On Friday afternoon, I met Maxine McDoungh and we went to the movie Mama Mia. The stage play was much better, but I love the music of Abba and so there were parts that I was wanting to get up and dance with it and the views of the Greek Island was unbeliveable. I keep busy moving water trying to keep the grass at the house and at ValJays rental home green. I started the garage cleaning. Man, I threw away so many cans of partial paint and some that were never used that I tried and didn't like the color and was thinking they would be good to use later. GONE. hat will be my goal this week to finsih cleaning that area and getting rid of stuff and sending the rest to the DI.
I miss having Jacob or one of the kids around. Having no one to talk to and spending the day and night home alone makes days long. However, I am thinking that is is what life is and I better get used to it.
Amanda and I visited on Friday about her camp experience and she had a marvelous time. The Lord stepped in several times and witnessed to her that he listens to prayers and knew of her hard work to make this camp a real success. At one point the rain was falling when they were to go down to the lake. The leaders prayed for help in this matter. Low and behold, the rain was falling on the camp, but cleared and was beautiful for the group to go down and have some watter fun. As they were loading the canoes and clearing up the area, the clouds came back over the lake and it began to rain again. She had a marvelous time and we talked about how awesome her leaders were for her as she was growing up and the example that Luann Pierson had been in her life and the lessons she had learned from her and her example.
Marci is busy keeping up with swimming lessons, heat, rain, and the kids going in every direction possible.
Raelyn is so busy with the girls going to camp, Youth camp, swimming lessons, dentist appointments, and going to a conference with ValJay in Park City for a couple of days, that I get a head ache thinking of how fast she had to run. We should be able to meet for lunch this week.
Shane and the kids and I went hit some golf balls at the range on Saturday. Christin sure is good. Shane was really patient with him and concentrated on his swing and follow through. I think next time we go, I am going to try seeing if my shoulder will let me hit a few.
Rob is starting to feel better. boy am I glad. He has been so sick and weak from his mono and strep infection. He is doing better Sharla says and his heart still is not working as well as it should, but he is moving and able to do a little more.
Jims business is doing good and he loves it he says.
Aaron and Jill have been busy sending kids to camp and on the trek. I got some shirts for the boys to wear. Can't wait to hear how they did and what they thought of the experience. They are leaving for California for 10 days in a week or so I think. That is wonderful that they can spend time with his family and enjoy the area that he was born in.
Well, that is all the family news I have for this week. Life is good and goes on.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow mom.. Once again you amaze me. Thanks for another great post.
Mand

Aaron & Jill said...

Love you. :) Look forward to seeing you soon. Remind me when you are going down to California (October?).

Aaron & Jill said...

Oh, and by the way, you need to add a link on your site to our blog (jjawz.blogspot.com).