Monday, February 4, 2008

WOW How does a person work?

It has been a month now since I retired. I have been so busy having fun I am not sure how I ever found time to work. I have enjoyed so much the opportunity to "Hang Out" at the kids homes and not be fearful about taking time off.
I returned home from the Rigby's on Saturday evening January 26th. Jake and Amanda had come up from Price and hit Beaver mountain for the day.
Chelsea had gone to Denver for the weekend with the FFA group from school and was returning that evening around 7 PM. Craig and Kathy Rigby said they would pick her up if she needed a ride so that I could join Amanda and Jake for dinner. They wanted to go to dinner at their favorite Mexican place calledCosta Vita. I fixed the kids a little dinner and met them at the restruant. Great food. They invited me to go back with them to Price and Amanda would bring me home the next week. It only took a minute to decide. Didn't unpack just reloaded and off I went for the week. I love this life of not having to worry about time off.
The have so much more snow in Price than we do. When I left on Friday evening, the fire hydrant in their yard was covered. We have snow, but the have SNOW. It was great to visit. Jake had a birthday on Tuesday and turned 26 again for the 3rd time and Amanda had his family and some friends over. Ate pizza and watched a movie. I think Jake was surprised. We did our best, but he came home for lunch and saw that I had cleaned up his work area.
They have done so much work on the house. Should have taken some pics of the progress. It was awesome. The colors they have chosen are awesome. Jakes work is fantasitc on the crown molding, sheetrock and floor. Good job kids.
Amanda brought me home on Friday after we found Chaco. Yes, mom lost the dog. Talk about scared to death. The neighbors were on 4-wheelers and drove around looking for her too. I called Jake at work and he came home to search, but no dog. She disappeared for about 3 hours, but must have gotten tired, cold, hungry, who knows, but she came home. Man, I think I would rather loose one of their kids. At least the kids will be able to talk and tell me where they got lost at so I will know where to search next time I lost them. Glad she was home. Dumb thing was I had her shocker neck band on her, but she bailed out the door before I turned it on and she was off. It will be interesting if I get to "care" for Chaco ever again. I am sure they will think twice before trusting the grandma to tend. It was a great day for a walk however.
We are so blessed to have this area to live in. The sky cleared and the sun came out with all the new snow over the red mountains and dessert area, it was fantastic.
Amanda went shopping on Saturday and found a couple of things to brighten her home with; a new bedspread, and a wall hanging. Don't know what Jake throught yet, but hope he liked them both. She made it home Saturday evening and was in good health. She almost had a wreck with hitting a deer. I was worried about the snow, but that wasn't as much of a problem as missing trucks and deer. I was certainly glad she made it home unharmed.

No comments: