Friday, December 5, 2008

Blessings realized this holiday

I was looking for something in the dresser by my bed and found the story of "You are Special" by Max Lucado. It is an easy reader and so whatever, I'm retired, I can take 10 minutes to read this, so I DID. Page 27 caught my attention and drew me in. It read:
Punchinello (Janet) laughed, "Me, special? Why?
I can't walk fast. I can't jump, My paint is peeling, Why do I matter to you?"
Eli looked at Punchinello (Janet), put his hands on those small wooden (steal) shoulders, and spoke very slowly. "Because you're mine. That's why you matter to me." Punchinello (Janet) had never had anyone look at him (her) like this-----much less her maker. She didn't know what to say!"
Well, after an awesome weekend and day of giving thanks, this is what my heart felt like. I don't know just what to say. My heart is full, and my life and family are so blessed. Who ever thinks at age 18 when they marry that life will pass so quickly, and that you will go from a family of 2 to a family of 34 (Jessica and Preston make 36) in a time that seems like a twinkling of an eye. When you have your first child you will wonder how you can ever ever love another child as much, but you do. Six kids later you think you can never love a child that isn't yours as much as you do your own, but you find out when you get a special addition added to the mix, that "yes" you can love additions to your family without giving birth.
Each year that passes, I watch as the children grow, and each year they teach me so much. I always thought that the parent was the "knowledgeable" leader, but not in my family. As they mature, they have become the teachers and the leaders.
Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing my life so much. Thank you for loving me and entrusting me with such beautiful spirits. Thank you for the additional blessings of each grandchild and for the joy, love and the peace they bring to me and their families. Each day I am reminded how much you love me by the acts of kindness shown to me through great friends, family members and the children. I am reminded that even with my paint chipping, and not being able to jump or run, you still love me for me.........What else can we say but "Thank you oh great one" for your love!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You're welcome! I love you!